Recipe: Instant Pot Stew Meat
We are heading into that time of year again, where soups, stews, and everything warm and fuzzy is on the menu. Today I wanted to share with you a really simple and easy recipe for delicious, tender, and flavorful stew meat. Below you will find a list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
2 tbsp avocado oil (or any oil you'd like)
1 small onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 lbs stew meat
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup brown sugar
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Season the stew meat in a bowl with the brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Store it in the fridge overnight.
2. Turn on the instant pot with the "Sautee" option. Add the avocado oil.
3. Chop up a small onion and add the onion and minced garlic to the pot. Sautee for a few minutes.
4. Add the stew meat to the pot. Sautee for a few minutes until meat is about half way browned.
5. Add beef broth to the pot.
6. Turn off "Sautee" option on Instant Pot. Then turn on the "Meat/Stew" option. Set the timer to 20 minutes on high pressure.
7. Once meat is done cooking, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for about 30 minutes. Then open the pot, serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share your thoughts or variations below!